When it comes to freebies, almost everyone is a go getter; here’s one you shouldn’t pass on.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the full application procedure, as well as the eligibility criteria. Every other detail required to receive a TruConnect free tablet is also available.
What is TruConnect?
TruConnect is one of the several mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) providing mobile devices as well as low-cost speak, text, and data plans across T-countrywide Mobile’s network.
Its goal is to provide Lifeline-qualified low-income customers with cheap cellular service plans, cell phones, and hotspots.
Did the phrase “Lifeline-qualified” confused you, worry not, that’s what we’re here for: to help you through the entire process.
Lifeline is one such government program that provides low-income people with insurance to help them pay their monthly phone bills. They usually give their consumers between $9.25 and $34.25 a month if they live on the tribal territories.
Read Also: Apply for free assurance wireless tablet
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), on the other hand, is a non-profit organization that pays $30 per month for a high-speed internet connection. It is suitable for laptops, tablets, computers, and other electronic internet based or wifi devices.
TruConnect, launched in Los Angeles in 2011 by Matthew Johnson as an Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provider. It takes the initiative to provide qualified clients with cheap monthly broadband internet access services. Used for connected devices such as tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
But there’s a catch: TruConnect isn’t actually giving you free ACP devices; they’re simply making tablets available to economically challenged families by offering a $100 discount on tablets and a co-pay ranging from $10 to $50. Similarly you can get free government tablet, click here to apply online.
Read further to know if you’re eligible.
Are You Qualified?
A number of eligibility requirements must be met before applying for the benefit program. If you meet any of the conditions specified in the program, you are qualified to apply.
- Your annual income should not exceed 135% of the federal poverty threshold.
- You must have evidence proving your financial insecurity, such as salary stubs, tax documents, or even address proofs.
- Any of your family members must be receiving government assistance such as Medicaid, Food Stamps, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- You or a member of your family should have applied for tribal assistance programs such Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Head Start.
Read also here: how to get free tablets with food stamps?
What are the supporting documents that must be presented with the application?
Once you’ve determined your eligibility, you’ll need to submit the requisite documents for verification. Here are some of the documents that must be supplied along with the application.
- You will be requested to provide proof of identity in the form of a passport, state ID, or any other government-issued ID, or your driving license, your US Military ID, Social Security Number, Tribal Identification Number, or the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Participants must be at least 18 years old or emancipated to participate.
- You will also be required to verify your residence, which will necessitate the use of your state ID, tribal ID, another government-issued ID, or your utility bill.
- You might also provide your federal or tribal tax records, a recent income statement or pay stub from your job, or even a Social Security statement proving that you belong to a low-income household.
- A letter of approval would suffice to demonstrate your involvement in an eligible assistance program. You might also provide other documents, such as proof of bankruptcy, an unemployment application, or even an approval letter, to demonstrate that you come from a low-income family and that purchasing a laptop is really tough for you.
- If you are unemployed, you must submit documentation demonstrating your loss of income (including bankruptcy or business closure), such as an unemployment application or documentation indicating that your yearly household income is now less than $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers, respectively.
How Do You Apply For Truconnect Free Tablet?
After you’ve determined your eligibility, you can apply in one of the two ways:
- Through the Lifeline National Verifier Website
- Through the TruConnect Official Website.
You must follow these procedures for the former.
Step 1: You have to be registered under any one of the EBB programs, to qualify.
Step 2: Once qualified, the following process is extremely easy. Log onto https://www.fcc.gov/acp and fill out the application.
Step 3: After you’ve filled out the application, recheck for any silly mistakes whatsoever, then click on ‘apply now. After which you will be redirected to the official website of the cheap connectivity initiative.
Step 4: After you’re redirected to that page, click on ‘apply now’ followed by filling out all the necessary information. Once completed, you can determine if you qualify for the programme independently or dependently.
Step 5: You’ll then be requested to create an ACP account and attach any type of document that proves your eligibility; following that, you’ll be left to wait for the officials to approve your application.
Step 6: Once you’ve been accepted, contact your ACP provider, TruConnect, and select your preference. This will help you acquire free or reduced medications.
You must follow these procedures for the latter.
Step 1: Go to official website and sign in.
Step 2: A page will open requesting you to fill out an application with information such as your name, date of birth, address, and so on. After entering your ZIP code and address, submit the application.
Step 3: If the Website determines that you are eligible, you will be able to continue with the application process.
Step 4: Once you’ve completed all of this, you’ll be asked to submit the necessary paperwork, followed by the application to the officials in charge. TruConnect will send you a complimentary tablet once your application is approved.
Frequently asked questions
How long is the approval process?
If you are eligible to participate in the program and your application is approved by the officials, the approval will take 3-8 working days, depending on the diversity of situations that may arise along the road.
Is Truconnect the same as Lifeline?
Both are government-funded, however, Lifeline is a permanent program, whereas EBB is a temporary one. However, it is only when it comes to their benefits that they become comparable.
You can also learn more about the programmes by visiting their official websites, which are linked throughout the essay.
What are the other benefits after qualifying for the TruConnect EBB Program?
Apart from the low-cost tablet with internet access, TruConnect offers its customers other incentives based on their location. Continue reading to receive the benefits at a significantly lower cost.
- If you live in California and are already a member of the Californian ACP plan, you will receive a free ACP plan with 14 GB of 4G/LTE data, 8 GB of additional data to the lifeline plan, and WIFI hotspot functionality.
- If you live outside of California and are not a California resident, you will be eligible for a free ACP plan with 12.5 GB 4GLTE data, 8 GB 4G LTE data to a lifeline plan, and WIFI hotspot capabilities.
- Standalone Service: The TruConnect FREE ACP plan also includes 8 GB of 4G/LTE data with Wi-Fi hotspot functionality, and you can select either an LTE-enabled hotspot device or a Google Play Certified LTE Android handset.
What network does TruConnect use and how good is the network coverage area?
TruConnect operates as a virtual mobile network on any conventional network provider, utilizing T-Mobile networks to deliver service to its clients. In terms of coverage, TruConnect offers its users a high-speed network that is compatible with all contemporary gadgets.
Are there any restrictions for TruConnect EBB and the Lifeline Program?
There must always be two sides to a coin. The TruConnect ACP constraints are as follows:
- The reductions on the device and monthly service are non-transferable.
- A household can only receive one monthly subscription and one device discount.
- If you or a member of your family already has an ACP discount, you will be unable to obtain another ACP discount from any other ACP supplier, including TruConnect. However, you can change your ACP benefit provider at any time.
- Do not use any fake documents or even consider forging signatures and certifications, as this will result in the cancellation of your application and an immediate permanent suspension.
- To continue getting benefits, one must use them at least once a month and recertify them once a year.
- You will only be eligible for the discount and, as a result, the free tablet if you are an ACP-qualified individual.
- If you no longer qualify for the program, you must notify the provider within 30 days.
- While both initiatives strive to give qualified persons with free services and cell phones, each household is only allowed one device.
Now that you’ve made it to the end of the essay, I hope it’s been able to answer all of the questions you’ve been looking for.
Now that you understand all of the procedures and qualifying criteria, what are you waiting for? Apply right away and take advantage of the benefits that have been set out for you.