Find here Ways to get Donated Cars for FREE. Do you still consider a car to be a luxury item? or has your opinion evolved over time?
Would you like to reconsider?
This article aims to provide you with a detailed, step-by-step procedure – for obtaining a donated car because cars have become much more than a luxury item; they have become a necessity.
This article will include all agencies, including non-profit organizations, that assist individuals in obtaining a free donated automobile in excellent condition, along with their eligibility criteria.
A few charity organizations that help you get a donated car
- 1-800-Charity Cars aims to provide a free car to low-income families (veterans, families in traditional living shelters, victims of natural disasters, and victims of domestic abuse).
- Good News Garage – Located in New England, Massachusetts, and Vermont, Good News Garage donates cars, trucks, and even vans to all candidates who meet the eligibility requirements. Just keep in mind that each state has its own set of guidelines and application eligibility criteria.
- Cars4Christmas – they continue to provide eligible candidates with cars for free all year.
- OnlineCarDonation.com – similar to the previous ones, they provide candidates with trucks, vans, and even cars.
- Cars4Heroes – This one is more on a first come, first served basis. They provide vehicles to veterans, active military personnel, and first responders.
- Online Car Donation – They then provide cars to selected eligible candidates based on who needs them the most.
- Vehicles for Change – They provide previously donated cars to candidates at a much lower cost.
- With Causes – similar to the one at the top of the list, With Causes provides its candidates with cars, but here’s the catch: the better you explain your situation, the faster you’ll be able to get your hands on one.
- Modest Needs – does not provide cars to people in the United States and Canada, but does provide grants to those who live there in order for them to purchase a vehicle.
- United Way Worldwide – with offices in over 40 countries, this organization can help you find nearby resources to get a free car.
Check Also: How to get Free Cars for Disabled People?
You could also obtain donated vehicles from dealerships.
There are a few dealerships that have a preference for non-profit organizations while also providing assistance to candidates in need who meet the eligibility criteria.
Not so much on a first come, first served basis, but providing an explanation of your current situation would later help your situation itself.
This organization bases its customers on their current situation. You can either get a car based on people who donate their cars or the organization will direct you to a local dealership that can assist you in obtaining a donated car.
Contact your Local Church:
To obtain a donated car, one could also contact their local church. Here, the clergy would direct you to a local resource that they deem appropriate, among all the other charities and organizations that collaborate with them to assist all those in need.
It consists of various websites that assist one in raising a sufficient amount of money from a large number of people.
Few of the sites are:
What makes you eligible?
- if you are from the low-income group
- if you are a veteran
- if your family is transitioning from public assistance to work
- if you or your family has been a victim of natural disasters
- if you have any medical needs or disabilities
- if you belong to a family in a transitional shelter.
Few requirements that you must keep in mind before receiving a donated car:
- With the exception of certain agencies, you must be at least 21 years old to apply for a donated vehicle.
- You must be referred by a DuPage County social service agency or a CARES partner agency.
- You must’ve completed five budgeting classes offered by H.O.M.E DuPage before applying for a donated car.
- The referral must include the professional’s name and title, the client’s name and contact information, the relationship between the two, and why the former chose to endorse the latter. You could then send it to [email protected].
- Applicants must be employed, and if you are not, you must provide proof of participation in a job search programme to the agency.
- Candidates must have a valid Illinois driver’s license with their current address on it.
- You cannot own and have received a car from Loaves and Fishes CARES, but if you have previously owned one, you must demonstrate that you no longer own one that was given to you.
- You must be able to pay for the title transfer, tax, and a 6-month car insurance advance, which totals around $600.
- You must be able to support the cost of owning a car, but once you own the donated car, each client receives two oil change vouchers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What is the Financial Fitness Program about?
While taking part in the Loaves & Fishes Cares Car Program, one is required to complete the Financial Fitness Program. Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month, you must spend an hour and a half in the “Budget” workshop to learn how to budget your money. In order to assist you handle difficulties like budget, credit, and regulating finances, you will then be required to attend a one-on-one financial counseling session.
Would I get a tax deduction for my donation?
Sure, because when one contributes to an IRS-certified 501(c)3, the non-profit organization automatically allows you for a claim in tax deduction.